How do you ask the Community a question?
If you have a CAD related question that has been troubling you, fear not. With over 2.6 million members, the GrabCAD Community is bound to know the answer.
To ask a question:
- Navigate to the Q&A section by selecting 'Tutorials' from the Community dropdown menu.
Use our search function to see if your question has been answered. If it hasn't, click the red ' Ask a question' button.
- Enter your question, with as many details as possible and any screenshots that may be helpful as attachments. Additionally we recommend that you choose your software type and add any relevant tags to help your question show up in search.
What are some tips to get your question answered?
There are some simple ways to word your question and format fields to make it more likely that you'll receive an answer. This is what we recommend:
- Be precise about your problem. Explain what you wish to achieve.
- Include the steps that you have taken in your description. Let other members know what you already tried that didn't work.
- Attach a CAD file or screenshots to help others understand your question. Often, seeing the question with the model makes identifying the issue much easier.
- Choose your tags, carefully. Make them something others would search. Good tags will help others find your question to answer it or benefit from it in the future.
- Write in clear, grammatically correct language. Use a spell checker, avoid all-caps and multiple question marks so members take your question seriously.
- If your question is about GrabCAD or getting help using the site, email email@example.com.
This is a good example of a question that was asked with clear language, an appropriate amount of detail and it quickly resulted in a helpful tutorial from another member. Looking for help on a question you posted that never got an answer? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll create a better version together.
We're happy to help! Not finding what you need? Email email@example.com.