GrabCAD Print release notes
Note for J750 users: Don't forget to update the Job Manager from the Printer Settings screen. More info.
GrabCAD Print version 1.4, March 2017
Build number 220.127.116.111 released 14 March 2017
- GrabCAD Print now supports all uPrint, Fortus, and Dimension printers. See the full list.
- In 1.3 we greatly improved the packing for FDM prints if you hit "Arrange Tray" after estimating the tray. Now it's even easier, with the "Optimize" checkbox in the Arrange tool. In some cases this allows you to fit up to twice as many parts per tray as before!
- Introducing custom printer names! Rename a printer from the Printer Settings panel, and your custom name will appear on desktop, web, and mobile for all members of your company account. Learn more here.
- With the latest update to GrabCAD Print Server (version 0.144.0318), the Stratasys J750 is now supported in the GrabCAD Print mobile app, and the online schedule and reports. Remote access printing is coming soon.
- Additionally, you can now connect to your J750 for the first time using the "Add a Network Printer" option if it's already running the GrabCAD PolyJet Job Manager.
- We've improved the way printers are listed in "My Printers" in the Printer Panel:
- If you lose connection to a printer, it will not disappear from the list. Instead it will show "Disconnected" as its status.
- "Offline Printers" are now known as "Printer Templates" and will appear in a separate section beneath your network printers.
- Small updates for F370 print settings:
- PLA printing is now called Draft Mode.
- Purge Part Style uses Full Height by default.
- Some J750 users reported issues with incorrect estimations or failed prints when Tango+ material was loaded but not used on the tray, and these issues have been resolved.
- The Schedule View will now show time and material estimations for future J750 jobs.
- Some J750 users reported a print failure with a mysterious "error.0" failure message. The problem causing the print failure has been fixed, and the failure message will now have meaningful text if the same problem occurs again.
- Two small bugs in the Orient panel have been fixed: one regarding negative decimal values and one for the + and - buttons.
- Some F370 users may have noticed the purge part containing some incorrect layers, and this has been fixed.
- Single CMB files can be imported only into an empty project, with no ability to arrange on the tray. Importing multiple CMBs is not yet supported.
- Tray grid lines and calibration points are not shown.
- GrabCAD Print cannot be installed for all Windows users, and must be installed individually by each user on the PC.
- For a list of features only available with Insight or Control Center, click here.
GrabCAD Print version 1.3, February 2017
Build number 18.104.22.1688 released 21 February 2017
Build number 22.214.171.1243 released 7 February 2017
- Introducing the Stratasys F123 Series! Our latest printer runs exclusively on GrabCAD Print. Read more here.
- J750 support in GrabCAD Print is out of beta! Thank you to all who participated in the beta program. If you have a J750, you can follow this guide to start printing with GrabCAD Print.
- We now have an add-in for SOLIDWORKS that lets you print .SLDPRT files directly from within your CAD environment. Read more about it or download it here.
- Because many users have been asking for the ability to install and get straight to printing without having to log into GrabCAD, we're introducing offline capability in two parts, the first of which is ready now! Here's how it works:
- If your internet connection goes down, GrabCAD Print will let you keep working with your local printers.
- If this is how you will be working most of the time, you can turn off the warning messages by switching to offline mode in System Preferences > Privacy.
- You still need to log in at least once when you launch the application the first time. If you have internet access but are having trouble logging in, please visit the Troubleshooting guide.
- The second part of our offline capabilities will be a "Fully Offline" solution, where you can skip that initial login. We expect this to be ready later this year.
- If you've ever thought that the Arrange tool isn't as good as Insight or Catalyst, you should notice a big improvement with this update! First, hit "Estimate" to slice the tray, and then "Arrange Tray" will pack parts much closer together.
- For those who participated in the J750 beta program, you will notice some improvements with this update:
- Updating the Job Manager is now possible from the Printer Panel in GrabCAD Print, just like a firmware update.
- The issues with the opacity slider in the Print Settings panel have been fixed!
- Insight is now bundled with GrabCAD Print so you can utilize more advanced features like groups or toolpath editing for your F370 or Fortus system. Read more here.
GrabCAD Print version 1.2, January 2017
Build number 126.96.36.1999 released 24 January 2017
Build number 188.8.131.524 released 16 January 2017
- In case you missed it, Reports are here! Check out your job history and material usage from right in the web browser.
- There's a new system preference for changing whether or not you want new trays to be created automatically when you add too many parts for one tray.
- Tool icons are bigger and bolder. Check them out: Tools.
- In the Rotate tool, you can now customize the degrees of rotation per click, making it easier to get the perfect orientation.
- VRML files are now included in Analysis Mode, although to repair the models without breaking the texture mapping you must use other software.
- We fixed some problems with our CAD file reader, specifically around donut-shaped models.
GrabCAD Print version 1.1, December 2016
Build number 184.108.40.2064 released 16 December 2016
- Improvements to the colors and icons in the main navigation and Project Panel.
- There was a bug where your unit preferences weren't reflected in the Schedule view, and this has been fixed.
- Other small fixes and improvements.
GrabCAD Print version 1.0, November 2016
Build number 220.127.116.114 released 15 November 2016
- More printers! You can now use GrabCAD Print with your Fortus 380/450 and Fortus 900 (limited support*), and the Fortus 360/400 and J750 are in beta right now. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access.
- Ability to see material volumes in cubic centimeters. Go to File > System Preferences > Units Controls > Display Units and change to any metric unit.
- Ability to import .CMB.GZ files.
- The installer now defaults to install using the same language as your operating system. You can change the language by selecting the back button on the first screen of the installer or from System Preferences.
- More intuitive default mouse controls for new users. See the updated configuration here. Existing users are not affected.
- Infill, slice height, and support style are now automatically updated to their recommended settings for the selected model and support material.
- Small UI improvements and bug fixes.
*Limited support means basic print prep is supported (similar to “green flag” in Insight), however some advanced features, such as using a Sacrificial Tower when printing ULTEM or Nylon 12, are not yet available.