Messages and Notifications
How can you contact another member on GrabCAD?
Sometimes you may want to ask another member about a model of theirs, get details on a tutorial, or just ask a member a general question. One way to do this is to leave a comment. But if you want your communication to be private, you can also send them a private message.
To send a message:
- Go to another member's profile by clicking their name on a model page, or search for them on the Engineers page.
- Click the red 'Send message' button in the top, right corner of their profile page .
- Enter your message in the text box that appears and click 'Send message.'
- You will then get a notification or email when they respond, based on your email settings.
How do you visit the profile of someone who sent you a private message?
When someone sends you a message, it is a good idea to view their profile to learn more about them. To do so, just click on their name and you will be taken you to their 'About' tab of their profile. Select the other tabs to see their Models, Tutorials, and Renderings.
How do you check notifications?
We keep all of your notifications in one place to make things easy for you. To view your notifications, go to grabcad.com/notifications or select the bell icon on the top-right of the main navigation bar:
You will find the following on your Notifications page:
- All of your notifications
- Answers to questions you're following
- Likes for your models
- Comments on your models, models you're following and challenges you're following
- Renderings added by members you follow
- Followers who started to follow you
- Score change tells you why your score is changing
By default, GrabCAD users also receive an email for every one of these notifications. If, at any time, you wish to adjust this, head over to your email notification settings page.
Continue learning about your GrabCAD Account...
... or begin learning more about the GrabCAD Community.