GrabCAD Print release notes
Note for PolyJet users: Please update the Job Manager from the Printer Settings screen. More info.
GrabCAD Print version 1.15, February 2018
Build number 220.127.116.11334 released on 19 February 2018.
- The Print Settings Panel for FDM printers has been given a new look and feel. You’ll see an indication when your settings are different from the current printer configuration, and with one click you can update all the settings to match. Additionally, the settings of any newly created tray will always match the one you’re currently viewing, to speed up print preparation for projects with multiple trays.
- A new slider is available in the Arrange tool that controls the “Optimize” checkbox for PolyJet users. You can control whether the arrangement is optimized for minimal print time or minimal support material usage.
- FIXED: If the Schedule View is left on screen for some time, the “Now” line will stay in place, rather than slowly moving out of view.
- GrabCAD Print cannot be installed globally for all Windows users, and must be installed individually by each user on the PC.
- The Schedule View cannot be used to specify a delayed start time for a job.
- Splitting a large model over multiple jobs is only possible with Insight or Catalyst.
- For a list of other features only available with Insight or Control Center, click here.
GrabCAD Print version 1.14, January 2018
Build number 18.104.22.168110 released 17 January 2018
- The details screen in the Printer Panel now show the model and support tip odometers, as well as the envelope and head temperatures for FDM systems.
- If your FDM system has multiple material bays, new icons in the Printer Panel indicate which material bays are currently loaded in the print heads.
- A pop-up warning will now appear when clicking the Print button if the job has materials or tips selected which do not match the current printer configuration.
- Detailed, individual print job logs can now be downloaded in XML format for Fortus 900mc printers. Go to the Reports View and use the download button in the “Options” column.
- GrabCAD Print now supports the Stratasys J700 Dental printer.
- FIXED: The reports had been labelling material units in cm³ regardless of your unit preference. This has been fixed.
GrabCAD Print version 1.13, December 2017
Build number 22.214.171.124870 released 12 December 2017
Build number 126.96.36.199192 released 19 December 2017
- If you have GrabCAD Print Server set up, you have previously only enjoyed some of the remote access features for PolyJet systems, such as mobile app connectivity and the Reports online. Now we have enabled the last piece: sending a job from GrabCAD Print on a remote PC.
- Several improvements around Reports:
- The Reports View in GrabCAD Print now includes an export button, and works for both FDM and PolyJet systems.
- Fixed a bug with the Reports View where some users could not select a printer.
- Fixed a few issues with the online Reports on Internet Explorer.
- You no longer have to click “View Estimates” when the estimation results are ready, they will automatically pop up.
- Job details in the GrabCAD Print app for iOS will now include the predicted end time.
GrabCAD Print version 1.12, November 2017
Build number 188.8.131.52454 released 13 November 2017
- Now you can access the job history for your local printers from the Reports View in the GrabCAD Print desktop app. This will greatly help users in Offline Mode, since this report was previously only available on the Reports page online after setting up GrabCAD Print Server. (History for PolyJet systems, remote printers, and CSV export not yet available.)
- New advanced PolyJet materials have just been launched by Stratasys, and are now supported by GrabCAD Print. Learn more about Agilus, VeroFlex, and DABS2 Plus.
- The Android app would sometimes report a failure to find printers if the account had a lot of printers connected. We’ve increased the timeout so this should no longer occur.
- Small usability improvements
- 2 GB individual file size and tray size limit has been removed.
- No longer blocked from switching to Schedule View while another operation is in progress.
GrabCAD Print version 1.11, October 2017
Build number 184.108.40.206736 released 11 October 2017
- New tray display, featuring...
- Realistic tray shape and gridlines for the uPrint, Dimension, F123 Series, and smaller Fortus systems.
- Centimeter or inch gridlines (depending on your display units preference) for larger Fortus systems.
- Calibration touchpoints for applicable printers.
- Fortus 900mc will show outline of the smaller tray size.
- You can now use GrabCAD Print to add a pause to your FDM print job from Slice Preview. Previously this functionality was only available in Catalyst and Insight.
- You can now prepare jobs for Ultem 9085 CG using GrabCAD Print. Previously this material was only available using Insight and Control Center. Users also have the option to use the T16A tip with their Fortus 900mc.
- Resolved an issue which prevented some users from being able to launch the GrabCAD Print add-in in SOLIDWORKS.
GrabCAD Print version 1.10, September 2017
Build number 220.127.116.11507 released 13 September 2017
- Now you can add models to GrabCAD Print straight from your Workbench projects. Head here to learn more about using Workbench together with Print.
- If you are using GrabCAD Print Server, you and your team can get notified by email when your print job finishes or needs attention. Adjust your settings from your GrabCAD Profile.
- Now you can open a .PRINT file with double-click or drag-and-drop.
- GrabCAD Print now supports the Objet1000 Plus printer. Read the setup guide.
- There was an issue where CAD files with non-ASCII characters in the filename or path could not be loaded in GrabCAD Print. This has been fixed.
- The importing of CAD files has been improved. Previously, some parts may have shown some roughness on curved surfaces, but the improvements will provide much smoother surfaces.
- You will now find a shortcut to “Insight for GrabCAD Print” in your Start menu. This takes you to the companion version of Insight that was previously only available from the Apps menu of GrabCAD Print.
GrabCAD Print version 1.9, August 2017
Build number 18.104.22.1681 released 9 August 2017
- A Sacrificial tower can now be added to Fortus print jobs. This can help improve seam quality and is required when printing with Nylon 12 CF.
- Nylon materials are now available for Fortus printers in GrabCAD Print.
- Jobs that require attention (for instance, if material will run out during or before the job) will show an icon on the job in the Schedule View. The total number of printers with warnings will show as a count on the Schedule View icon on the left side of the application.
- Users will be able to export a CSV containing the job history of their printers from the Printer Panel (FDM only). This allows offline customers to export their job history data without needing to enable Reports.
- Previous versions of GrabCAD Print required system admin privileges on first install. With version 1.9, any user can install without needing the system admin’s credentials (unless the optional SW add-in is included).
GrabCAD Print version 1.8, July 2017
Build number 22.214.171.1242 released 12 July 2017
- GrabCAD Print now supports printing with Ultem 9085 and Ultem 1010. This also means that CMB files prepared in Insight with these materials can now be printed with GrabCAD Print. To modify parameters or use features like anchor pins or wall stabilizers, you can use Insight from the Apps menu. You will still have to use Control Center to add sacrificial towers. (Ultem 9085 CG is not yet supported in GrabCAD Print.)
- Users can now do an optimized arrange of the entire project (all trays at once) on their FDM printers. This allows users to optimally pack more than one tray with as many parts as possible.
- When inserting parts for FDM printers, parts are arranged from the center of the tray for improved print quality.
- For F123 Series printers, improved bottom surface smoothness with both supported and non-supported features.
- Special characters in the Windows username no longer causes issues with establishing a connection to a J750 printer.
- When viewing a PolyJet job in the schedule, “Print Mode” and “Slice Printed” are available again.
- Fixed a bug where transformations on a part resulted in partial top layers.
- Fixed a bug where switching between certain FDM printers will cause an imported CMB to disappear.
GrabCAD Print version 1.7, June 2017
Build number 126.96.36.1993 released 14 June 2017
- Multiple imported CMB files can now be arranged on the tray. Previously, users working with multiple CMBs had to use Control Center for their workflow. For performance, the CMBs are simplified in Model View, but you can get a look at the real shape in Slice Preview. Start with an empty project, then go to File > Import CMB...
- We added “Recent Files” to the File menu. You can access your 5 most recently added files (any CAD format, CMB, or OBJZF) and your last 5 Print projects.
- You can now rearrange jobs in the Schedule View using drag and drop.
- The SOLIDWORKS add-in for GrabCAD Print is now packaged within the installer for GrabCAD Print. The SolidWorks add-in allows you to prepare your CAD files for printing right from within SOLIDWORKS. For installation instructions go to the Apps menu in GrabCAD Print.
- Your print jobs now appear with your real name instead of your computer’s profile name for local jobs.
- GrabCAD Print now supports the .JT file type
- FIXED: Parts containing non-ascii characters (such as é or à) can now be printed on the J750.
- FIXED: There was a scaling issue for J750 parts when Tango+ was loaded but not used on the tray, and this has been fixed.
GrabCAD Print version 1.6, May 2017
Build number 188.8.131.521 released 9 May 2017
- Introducing operating hours! Once your company admin enables them, your Schedule View will automatically adjust the printer queue display to reflect that print jobs are normally only started during your working hours, giving you a more accurate schedule forecast.
- Use shift-select to quickly select multiple models in the Project Panel. With this and box-select (released in 1.5), changing settings for multiple models at once is much faster.
- Easily reorder jobs with click-and-drag in the Printer Panel's queue list.
- In order to speed up performance of the viewer, Model View will show a "simplified" version of your models. You might notice more visible triangles on curved surfaces. This does not impact print quality. To see exactly what will be sent to the printer, go to Slice Preview, or change your Graphics Quality to "High" under System Preferences > Display Settings.
- For F123 Series printers, we now have Brick Mode build style. This is helpful when printing large, dense, solid-fill parts to reduce part curl. This is only when using a slice height of 0.005” with ABS, ASA or PC-ABS.
- FIXED: For J750 printers, we have fixed several issues that could cause mid-print errors. Please make sure to update GrabCAD Print and the Job Manager to take advantage of these fixes.
- FIXED: Users who have their display units set to metric will now see the slice height in their unit of choice.
GrabCAD Print version 1.5, April 2017
Build number 184.108.40.2069 released 18 April 2017
- Offline Mode Part 2 is here! Now, when installing for the first time, you will be able to skip the login if you don't have an internet connection. This is a follow-up to Offline Mode capabilities we introduced in GrabCAD Print 1.3, which you can read about here.
- GrabCAD Print now supports the latest versions of CAD packages, including SOLIDWORKS 2017, Inventor 2017, NX 11.0, and Solid Edge ST9. Read the full list here.
- You can now give your trays custom names from the tray preview in the Project Panel. Jobs will inherit this name when you click Print.
- All jobs sent with version 1.5 will include a preview of the tray in the Schedule View job details, both online and in the desktop app. You can disable this in System Preferences > Privacy.
- Box select in Model View makes it easy to change the print settings of many models at once. Click and drag with the left mouse button. When dragging towards the right, only models completely contained in the box are selected. When dragging towards the left, models that are partially inside the box boundaries are also selected.
- The view shortcuts and perspective setting are now convenient buttons at the top of the viewer.
- You can now choose how you want material units to be displayed on the mobile apps as well as the Reports and Schedule View online. Change your setting here. (Mobile app updates after sign-in)
- We've improved the way you're notified that the Job Manager needs to be updated for your J750.
- For F123 Series printers, the base layer will be made of model material for prints using ABS or ASA and 0.005" slice height, in order to improve tray adhesion.
- A number of adjustments have been made to the core processes and printing functions to improve the print quality for the Stratasys F123 Series printers.
GrabCAD Print version 1.4, March 2017
Build number 220.127.116.111 released 14 March 2017
- GrabCAD Print now supports all uPrint, Fortus, and Dimension printers. See the full list.
- In 1.3 we greatly improved the packing for FDM prints if you hit "Arrange Tray" after estimating the tray. Now it's even easier, with the "Optimize" checkbox in the Arrange tool. In some cases this allows you to fit up to twice as many parts per tray as before!
- Introducing custom printer names! Rename a printer from the Printer Settings panel, and your custom name will appear on desktop, web, and mobile for all members of your company account. Learn more here.
- With the latest update to GrabCAD Print Server (version 0.144.0318), the Stratasys J750 is now supported in the GrabCAD Print mobile app, and the online schedule and reports. Remote access printing is coming soon.
- Additionally, you can now connect to your J750 for the first time using the "Add a Network Printer" option if it's already running the GrabCAD PolyJet Job Manager.
- We've improved the way printers are listed in "My Printers" in the Printer Panel:
- If you lose connection to a printer, it will not disappear from the list. Instead it will show "Disconnected" as its status.
- "Offline Printers" are now known as "Printer Templates" and will appear in a separate section beneath your network printers.
- Small updates for F370 print settings:
- PLA printing is now called Draft Mode.
- Purge Part Style uses Full Height by default.
- Some J750 users reported issues with incorrect estimations or failed prints when Tango+ material was loaded but not used on the tray, and these issues have been resolved.
- The Schedule View will now show time and material estimations for future J750 jobs.
- Some J750 users reported a print failure with a mysterious "error.0" failure message. The problem causing the print failure has been fixed, and the failure message will now have meaningful text if the same problem occurs again.
- Two small bugs in the Orient panel have been fixed: one regarding negative decimal values and one for the + and - buttons.
- Some F370 users may have noticed the purge part containing some incorrect layers, and this has been fixed.
GrabCAD Print version 1.3, February 2017
Build number 18.104.22.1688 released 21 February 2017
Build number 22.214.171.1243 released 7 February 2017
- Introducing the Stratasys F123 Series! Our latest printer runs exclusively on GrabCAD Print. Read more here.
- J750 support in GrabCAD Print is out of beta! Thank you to all who participated in the beta program. If you have a J750, you can follow this guide to start printing with GrabCAD Print.
- We now have an add-in for SOLIDWORKS that lets you print .SLDPRT files directly from within your CAD environment. Read more about it or download it here.
- Because many users have been asking for the ability to install and get straight to printing without having to log into GrabCAD, we're introducing offline capability in two parts, the first of which is ready now! Here's how it works:
- If your internet connection goes down, GrabCAD Print will let you keep working with your local printers.
- If this is how you will be working most of the time, you can turn off the warning messages by switching to offline mode in System Preferences > Privacy.
- You still need to log in at least once when you launch the application the first time. If you have internet access but are having trouble logging in, please visit the Troubleshooting guide.
- The second part of our offline capabilities will be a "Fully Offline" solution, where you can skip that initial login. We expect this to be ready later this year.
- If you've ever thought that the Arrange tool isn't as good as Insight or Catalyst, you should notice a big improvement with this update! First, hit "Estimate" to slice the tray, and then "Arrange Tray" will pack parts much closer together.
- For those who participated in the J750 beta program, you will notice some improvements with this update:
- Updating the Job Manager is now possible from the Printer Panel in GrabCAD Print, just like a firmware update.
- The issues with the opacity slider in the Print Settings panel have been fixed!
- Insight is now bundled with GrabCAD Print so you can utilize more advanced features like groups or toolpath editing for your F370 or Fortus system. Read more here.
GrabCAD Print version 1.2, January 2017
Build number 126.96.36.1999 released 24 January 2017
Build number 188.8.131.524 released 16 January 2017
- In case you missed it, Reports are here! Check out your job history and material usage from right in the web browser.
- There's a new system preference for changing whether or not you want new trays to be created automatically when you add too many parts for one tray.
- Tool icons are bigger and bolder. Check them out: Tools.
- In the Rotate tool, you can now customize the degrees of rotation per click, making it easier to get the perfect orientation.
- VRML files are now included in Analysis Mode, although to repair the models without breaking the texture mapping you must use other software.
- We fixed some problems with our CAD file reader, specifically around donut-shaped models.
GrabCAD Print version 1.1, December 2016
Build number 184.108.40.2064 released 16 December 2016
- Improvements to the colors and icons in the main navigation and Project Panel.
- There was a bug where your unit preferences weren't reflected in the Schedule view, and this has been fixed.
- Other small fixes and improvements.
GrabCAD Print version 1.0, November 2016
Build number 220.127.116.114 released 15 November 2016
- More printers! You can now use GrabCAD Print with your Fortus 380/450 and Fortus 900 (limited support*), and the Fortus 360/400 and J750 are in beta right now. Email email@example.com to request access.
- Ability to see material volumes in cubic centimeters. Go to File > System Preferences > Units Controls > Display Units and change to any metric unit.
- Ability to import .CMB.GZ files.
- The installer now defaults to install using the same language as your operating system. You can change the language by selecting the back button on the first screen of the installer or from System Preferences.
- More intuitive default mouse controls for new users. See the updated configuration here. Existing users are not affected.
- Infill, slice height, and support style are now automatically updated to their recommended settings for the selected model and support material.
- Small UI improvements and bug fixes.
*Limited support means basic print prep is supported (similar to “green flag” in Insight), however some advanced features, such as using a Sacrificial Tower when printing ULTEM or Nylon 12, are not yet available.